Tuesday, January 29, 2008

JOHAN

Here's the simplest way to explain the impact of Johan Santana's trade to the Mets: when I saw announcement this afternoon, my Mets fan friends and I immediately started discussing partial season ticket packages that would guarantee us playoff seats. 

Mets fans are, understandably, a notoriously skeptical bunch. But I haven't talked to a single Mets fan who isn't stunned with excitement. This is awesome.

Did I mention my favorite football team is playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday? It's a good week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Johan Santana is not as good as you, and ESPN have made him out to be. I'm an Indians fan and we tore him up. He's over-rated. As soon as he signs his name to some huge long deal, NYC might as well re-register his name to Barry Zito. But your blog is awesome, keep up the good work.