Friday, January 11, 2008

Insane night this evening, as I saw two great bands. It occurs to me I should have posted this before the shows, so that those of you who were interested could check them out, but uh... maybe you can see them next time they come around? And buy their albums in the meantime if you like what you hear?

The first was Fooling April, a band my buddy Joe used to book for shows when he was promoting during college. They remind me of Ben Folds, maybe circa the Rockin' the Suburbs album. Good stuff.
Where to find them: myspace.com/fa
Recommended: Breaking the Skin, The Way Back Down

Then we headed to Brooklyn to see Chin Chin, a band I booked in college (back in the day...) and one of the best party bands around. Their sound is impossible to describe - it's certainly music to dance to, but it incorporates elements of rock (the sweet guitar and drums), jazz (the ridiculous horn section), and even some new wave synths. The show was absolutely incredible. I'm not much of a dancer, but yeah... it was on.
Where to find them: myspace.com/chinchinnyc
Recommended: Appetite, Miami

No comments: