Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hey There, and a Note on the Name

The Yemen Deli is where I ate an unhealthy percentage of my meals from September 06 until August 07. It had not only the cheapest sandwiches you can find in New York City ($3 for a foot long sub!) but also some of the best.  Honestly, it's one of my favorite places in Brooklyn.

It is also the name of a championship fantasy football team from the recently concluded season. And so it makes a perfect name for the blog - it makes me think of both delicious food and victory (and of course, one of the best things about fantasy football is EXACTLY that you can claim victory while eating a sub).

I'll start with some thoughts on the 2007 fantasy football season (and a look ahead to 08), and intersperse them with some musings on music and media.

Concluding with my favorite toast: "To greatness!"

No comments: