Friday, February 29, 2008

Johan's Debut

I had lunch in a sports bar today so that I could I witness the first pitches thrown by Johan Santana as a Met. His debut was not too impressive - three runs allowed on a homer in the first, although he followed it with a scoreless second. Thoughts:

1) What if he's a disappointment? That would suck. 

2) Holy crap, I'm actually watching spring training baseball! I'm not sure I've done this since I was in elementary school. I haven't been this excited about a baseball season since I was 8 or 9 years old. Of course, that would heighten the pain if the season ends up being a disappointment.

On the other TV in the bar, they were showing some bad ESPN mid-day show, and Brandon Jacobs was on, wearing an Under Armour sweatshirt. On the one hand, I was annoyed. He couldn't put on a polo shirt to be on TV? On the other hand, I now know there's no chance he'll ever retire early to do the last hour of the Today show.

No comments: