Monday, April 21, 2008

I think I know why people might like Barack

Remember when Bill Clinton when on Arsenio Hall in 1992? Me neither, I was 9. I mean, I remember that it happened, and people were really impressed, but it didn't hit me. Well, I think I figured out what that experience was like.

Two videos, the first from last week, the day after the debate. Let's just call this one the Hillbilly off His Shoulders:



The second, from tonight, features Barack finally (FINALLY!) referencing something I noticed a few years ago: the dude sounds like the Rock. This is, subtly, one of his best traits: he sounds powerful and strong, even if the dude is pretty skinny. It's a manly voice, and a charismatic one - the Rock's voice was one reasons he's such a huge star. But anyway, all three candidates will appear on WWE Raw tonight - Hilary sounding forced as usual, McCain making reference to Hulk Hogan (old much?), and Barack being reserved but stealing the show, with one of the great catchphrases in sports entertainment history. 






To quote Beaneball's reaction: HE DID IT HE DID IT HE DID IT OH MY GOD AMERICA WINS WE ARE THE WINNERS

1 comment:

Jason Wojciechowski said...

The funny thing about the dirt off the shoulders is that he initially did it wrong. You can't do "right hand, right shoulder", you have to do "right hand left shoulder" and "left hand right shoulder".

Also, the move is classically performed with the back of the fingers. But, you know, not bad for a Harvard grad.