Saturday, June 14, 2008

Counting Crows - Rain King

Killer live studio version of one of my all-time favorite songs - indeed, an old theme song of mine. They slip in a long bit of Gershwin's "Someone to Watch Over Me" in the middle, which is both an awesome tune unto itself and perfectly fits the song.

There’s a somebody I’m longin’ to see
I hope that she, turns out to be
Someone who’ll watch over me

I’m a little lamb lost in the woods
I know I could, always be good
To one who’ll watch over me

Although I may not be the man some
Girls think of as handsome
To my heart she carries the key

Won’t you tell her please to put on some speed
Follow my lead, oh, how I need
Someone to watch over me

So when I think of heaven
When I think of heaven
I think of you
Do you think of me too?

I belong
In the service of a queen
I belong
Anywhere but in between
She's been dying
I've been drinking
And I am the Rain King

And I need someone to watch over me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you know where i can find this version of this song on CD?? i found it on you tube and i love it!!!